Friday, April 8, 2011

EGGstatic!!!

 So EGGstatic this week because Pottery Barn  has these really cute Easter Egg decorations.

Aren't these adorable?! They cost $19

But You can make them for under $4 

What you need:
1 Dozen large or extra large eggs ( $2)
Black Paint (already had)
Small paint brush (already had)
Needle (already had)
Twine or Hemp Cord ($1.69 @ michaels)
Hot glue gun (already had)


When I was in 5th grade my mom was my teacher and we made an Easter egg craft with eggs and so I remember how to get the yolk out.

1. First with your needle you poke a hole on top (Probably have to make a couple holes all in one)




2. Then with your needle poke holes on the bottom just like you did on top only the bottom hole has to be a little bit bigger so that the yolk can come through

3. Once you have a good size hole, you can start blowing the yoke out through the small hole and it will come out the bigger hole, if your having a hard time your hole might not be big enough (the yoke should come out pretty smooth and fast)


I put this pic of my husband cuz the pic of me wasn't cute :)



4. Once you get all the yoke out, run the egg shell under water and blow out the water so you can clean it out a little.

5. Now you're ready to paint! I used a thin paint brush for the letters, you can do whatever you like!

6. After it dries, I used some hemp cord and cut it into 4-5 inch pieces, then I tied a knot, cut the ends off, and then I hot glued the knot to the small hole on top of the egg. It's ready to hang or just keep in the basket!



It can be a centerpiece for your table!

This Easter I will be in North Carolina with our Masters team helping do the Easter service. Not gonna lie I'm dreading the drive up there, I don't do well in long road trips. However,
we will be getting to hang out with some of our good friends, which I'm really EGGcited about! Until next time have an EGGcellent weekend!!!






6 comments:

  1. Love it Olivia! Great Project! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I saw something similar at an antique store and thought the SAME thing! "I can make that!" I just haven't done it yet! :) Oh, and we're so EGGcited for you to come! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Thanks Em,looking forward to seeing all your projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy