Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pallets...Get Your Pallets!!!


Hey Guys its Furniture Friday over at missmustardseed go over there and get inspired! For me this week its Wood Pallets!!!
 You see them behind grocery stores, side of the road, in the dumpster but Who would have thought that these could actually come in handy some day. I'm loving what people are coming up with for these pallets. Such an inexpensive way for so many creative ideas!!!

Wood Pallet Headboard


Seeing all these great ideas for headboard and daybeds, I took it on! I have been wanting some outdoor furniture so I thought this was perfect for it.

I used four pallets for the base of my chair/lounge



Next my wonderful husband added a pallet to the back, he trimmed it a little and nailed it using two normal pieces of wood to support it.



 Because some of the pallets were a birch color I had to stain them.

Body Pillow $9.99 (Target)

For the cushion I didn't want to spend $40 for one small cushion, So i bought 2 body pillows and sewed a twin sheet around them and they fit perfectly and its really comfy!!





5 Wood Pallets
2 Body Pillows
1 Twin Sheet
Nails
Drill
Saw
Wood Stain
Total Cost: $30.00
 (Accent Pillows not included )

5 comments:

  1. I love how the pallets are being used. I feel so inspired to go raid the pallets from our local elementary school trash area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out really great! Thanks for linking this to Wicked Awesome Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever and creative! I really love the thought of recycling pallets. For decades I've considered it wasteful when I saw them tossed in rubbish piles.

    I'm your newest follower; found you via Miss Mustard Seed! Glad I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy