Monday, October 24, 2011

Pinterest Projects

WoW! It's been way too long. Let me just say that these last 2 months have been crazy insane all around, now that's not necessarily a bad thing but I feel like I have been running around like one of those hamsters on the spinning ferris wheel..haha ok but really its been busy and honestly I do like being busy but sometimes I love my downtime, my "ME Time"
This week was the first week in awhile that I got to do some personal things that I love. One being cooking, I love cooking and I love DIY projects. So like many people today I have been pinnning lots of ideas to my Pinterest and I finally got around to a few of them. So let me tell you about them.

Pinterest Project #1: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas:
Now I love Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas and any Mexican restaurant I go to I always like to try them. So I found this recipe..on Pinterest and I was a little skeptical..(I always am when I try new recipes) but it turned out AMAZING!
When we try new recipes, theres only one question I ask my husband when we are done...

 WELL IS IT A KEEPER?
My husband's answer: YES

Ingredients: Onion, Cilantro, Sour Cream, Jalapeno Salsa, Green Chile Salsa, Shredded Chicken, Cheese, and Flour Tortillas

Here's the link for the recipe: Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
We have a winner, put it on a recipe card and file it!

 Pinterest Project #2: Candlestick 3 Tier Platter



Lately, I have a small fetish for candlesticks. You can find tons of them at thrifts stores for less than $2 as well as used cake pans. Now I wouldn't normally buy used cake pans to bake in but these ones were in good condition and I just ran them through the dishwasher and besides I'm not using them to bake.
I just spray painted the candlesticks and glued the cake pans.


You can use it to put snacks in:



Or you can put jewelry in it:



I love it for less than $6 this was totally worth it!

Pinterest Project #3: Easy Hair UP DO

Here's the link from pinterest: elisajoy

Unfortunately I don't have a picture for this, but so simple and so pretty! Just put a headband on and wrap your hair around it, you can even do it a lil messy!

Pinterest Projects that didn't turn out for me:

Pinterest Project #1: Cajun Chicken Pasta


Now for the most part it was okay but I thought the sauce was too runny and maybe it was suppose to be that way or maybe I did something wrong. I don't know but I'm not so sure I would make it again... Okay ya I might give it one more try but it wasn't anything special...just my opinion :)
 
Pinterest Project #2: The Waterfall braid


I think my hair is too dark for this I did the waterfall but you could hardly tell and I don't have any highlights so that might be it too..  Oh well atleast I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy