Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Transformation

Well summer is almost over and it seems as though I have been procrastinating a little. I have a big "To Do" list of projects that I wrote down at the beginning of the summer and well I didn't get to them til NOW but hey I'm not a quitter and I want to be a Woman of my WORD.
This week I finally transformed my vanity, I got this vanity when I was in 8th grade and wanted to keep it around (so glad I did). Here's what it looked like before:

Ok so this is not my vanity but a picture of my vanity if that makes sense, I didn't take a before and after pic but randomly I saw my vanity on Craig's List lol so I copied this picture. So if anyone wants this vanity I think its still for sell!
Yes its old looking but I have memories... getting ready for prom at this vanity (sniff sniff)


Some things you just can't let go! So with a lil paint and new knobs, she's a new woman!


The pics are little blurry, I didn't put the mirror back on not sure if I will as far as the bench...Well my husband broke it, he's suppose to fix it :)

My favorite thing, was not so much the vanity although I did feel quite accomplished but what's on top of  my vanity. My friend Becky was moving and getting rid of stuff and she gave me the jewelry tree which I love, she already has these really cute jewelry trees that she made and didn't need this one, so I spray painted it white and its benefiting me a lot! Also the candlesticks, I'm sort of becoming a candlestick hoarder I just love them, and you can get them for an inexpensive price...Thrifting. these beauties cost me under $2 . I'm beginning to have them all over my home, they are so cool!



Well that's it for this week, need to keep the motivation going.. In 2 weeks I will be going home to California, my lil brother is getting married.... again (Sniff Sniff) I really am so happy for him, I called his fiance
"My future sister in-law" long before they were engaged so she's been a part of our family for years and I get to hang out with my beautiful niece Aubrey Joy!!! Then one of my best friends is coming down to visit me with her newborn baby, I'm so excited to meet him! Great adventures are coming, life doesn't slow down and I'm kind of liking it that way!


"Look at Life through the Windshield not the rear-view mirror."-Byrd Bagget


 Have an amazing weekend!
Lots of pictures to come....

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy