Thursday, December 23, 2010

D. I. O. (Did it Ourselves)

The past few months I have been in the search for a dining room table. It's been a want of mine for quite some time because when Lance and I got married we did what we could with what we were given to furnish our home and don't get me wrong we were so blessed.
Our previous table was a little bistro set we got at Bed Bath and Beyond with some gift cards from our wedding, I really do like that table it's just a little small. Now 2 years later we are ready for a bigger table, one we can actually have people over for dinner and we don't have to sit on the floor by our coffee table to eat lol (Oh good times) The tables I have been looking at cost around $400-$1900 (Ikea, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn) I would love to buy those if I had the money but I'm not one to spend money on something I know I can score a better deal so.....

I'm really excited to share about this table because for one it only cost me $40 and second me and Lance got to refinish it ourselves! Now looking at this table it had a lot of scratches but she was calling out to me to be rescued! We found it on Craigs List and the guy was moving I probably could have got it a lil cheaper but I loved it so much I was ready to pay the full asking price. So here she is before

Isn't she a beauty! The lighting isn't good but its an old ugly maple color

We sanded it down (well Lance did lol) took off that old scratchy maple color. (I give all the hard elbow work credit to my amazing hot looking husband)

His arms were made for this job! I only lasted a lil bit lol

The outcome of this table was exactly what I was trying to picture in my head which those rarely turn out for me so I was ecstatic to see how awesome this turned out, I love it! We got these chairs from Ikea and stained them to match the table, theres a bench Im getting that we will stain as well, and then just 2 more accent chairs and my dining table will be complete!



 
Addy loves this table already! I don't blame her, we had our first meal on it the other night and played cards!

She looks like she owns it (she probably will)


Total cost of this Pottery Barn Project:
Table- $40
2 Ikea Chairs- $20 each total of $40
Wood Stain- $8
Sander-$20
The bench I'm getting- $70
2 accent chairs- not sure yet haven't found them
2 new handles for the drawers- still looking for those
TOTAL- $178

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy