Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello 2011

I can't believe how uncontrollably excited I am to be writing this post, this is so unlike me especially around this time of year! Normally I would fall into this big Christmas letdown depression of not wanting it to end and wanting to hold onto the holidays, the Christmas music, the candlelight services, the lights,  lol I'm pretty sure I'm  not the only one.
For a lot of people "New Years" is such a great celebration and a time to write resolutions and goals but for me it was never a big deal. Growing up we would play monoply, have snacks, and try to keep our eyes open til Midnight. Honestly I don't think I could tell you what I have done every single New Years because it just hasn't been that big of a deal. My husband and I actually spent this New Years driving home from the airport, we said "Happy New Years" kissed eachother and looked for any fast food restaurant that might be open, which we did find one!
 And when it comes to New Years Resolutions, well lets just say I never kept mine (like many people) Ok your wondering why I'm so excited I'm getting there. Over the last 2 weeks we have spent our time with family and let me tell you it was such a blessing. It was like Thanksgiving in my heart all over again I was realizing how truly blessed I am to have such a wonderful family and to be sharing Christmas with them! So walking into 2011 with this overwhelming spirit of gratefulness how could I not be more excited! This really is going to be an amazing year! My sister is having her first baby, my friend Meg is also having a baby, my brother is getting married to an awesome woman, I'm a part of an amazing program that's raising up strong leaders, my friends and I are going on a couple's retreat. Those are just the knowns, there are so many unknowns that are going to be wonderful! If you reflect on the blessings in your life it will be hard for you to look at the negative.
So I walk into 2011 with great expectancy, the past is behind us, we choose how we want to live and I choose a positive attitude, an open heart, and a willingness to do whatever God wants me to do!
Goodbye 2010 Hello 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy