Wednesday, March 16, 2011

T-Shirts to Treasures

There's just something about SPRING that makes me want to SHOP!!! I think its pretty normal, the weather starts changing, you want to pack up your winter clothes and start pulling out the short sleeves, the tank tops, the shorts, and my fav... the sandals!!! I love it. Just writing this gets me excited. Now of course fall is my favorite, but Spring and Summer are more of a refreshing, get your self in shape, eat healthy, feel good about yourself seasons. Now saying all that I wish I could tell you I have just been shopping up a storm (Don't we all!) but I'm actually the opposite I'm trying to save money and well be more CREATIVE.

So This is what I have been up to.



It seems as though I'm on this Pillow Kick which may sound odd but here's a FUN fact about me:  when I was little (I'm talking 13yrs old) I wanted to own my own pillow store. Pretty weird huh? I Know! who wants to have their own pillow store and at the age of 13 lol. I wanted to have a store where I would sell all different kinds of pillows and blankets..... cuz those 2 just go together. Well here I am 13 years later... no pillow store but I'm having fun making my own!

I was walking thru the kitchen a couple days ago and "LOW AND BEHOLD" I saw a couple t-shirts in the trashcan,  I couldn't believe it my husband once again getting rid of his shirts only this time I wasn't around to claim them and he didn't even ask me if I wanted them! So of course I took them out of the trash and one of his shirts is the color I have been looking for as an accent pillow for my bedroom. It was truly meat meant to be!
You can see why he threw this one away, small grease stains

This Pillow was free for me. Don't laugh but I actually have 3 pillows that I don't like anymore but saved for this very reason of covering them so underneath this new pillow cover is a plain brown pillow I wasn't using anymore. I already had the fabric glue from the last pillow I made, and I had an extra piece of white fabric to cover my pillow. I'm all about using what I got and this was so simple! All you do is cut strips of fabric and tie a knot and repeat. You can cut them however thick you want and however many petals you want and then just glue them down.

Addy always likes to be involved in my projects

Hey like they say "Somebody's junk can be someone else's Treasure" Definitely agree!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You should open a pillow shop. I loved your numbers pillow so much I might try it on my own. Great Project Posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! who knows maybe Ill end up having my pillow store someday lol! I'm excited to follow your blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy