Thursday, May 6, 2010

D. I. Y





                                                                                                                                                                                 
My two favorite seasons are fall and summer. I love summer because; there’s just something about it that makes me feel good about myself. It’s like it starts getting hot outside so you want to drink lots of water (with lemon), go swimming, lay out, eat salads, make fresh smoothies, and work on house projects. Well at least that’s how I feel about summer, it’s a feel good about yourself time of the year! So with summer practically around the corner I have already begun some mini projects; the first is our patio, we bought this patio set a couple months ago and it was painted an olive/mint green color and the cushions were kind of a shabby-chic floral design not really our style. So I decided to paint it black and I got clearance leftover fabric from Hobby Lobby and sewed new cushion covers. I got these cute little candle lanterns at the dollar spot at target. And for the ceiling I pulled out these hanging Asian lanterns that we used for our wedding, so all I had to buy was fishing line. For this whole patio make-over I only spent $20. I love making things on a small budget I find a lot of gratification in it.


My other works are taking a little longer but I hope to be done by the end of the summer so I can show you. Challenge for the week if you dare, pick a project that you want to take on something you have wanted to learn to do or have wanted to make and dive in. Take your time because if you get frustrated you will stop and forget about it. Maybe it will only take a couple days or maybe the whole summer but you will feel good about yourself once you finish it, trust me I know! Have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy