Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jaded No More



It seems that life does not go as picture perfect as we would like it to, that would just be too easy and not so adventurous. I’m going to be completely honest and vulnerable right now and tell you I hit a rough patch last week, I mean fell into a ditch hit my head rough patch. Lance and I are in a transitional time right now; we have just resigned from the children’s ministry at our church and really feel like God is taking us into a new direction. We have not been operating full time in our strengths and God-given gifts in the last year in a half, now I don’t say that as a bad thing. Has God used us, Yes, were we suppose to be where we were Yes, I don’t doubt any of that, without this past year and a half we would not have grown in our ministry experience and our marriage. We have been applying for new ministry positions at other churches which is so weird for me because I’m so use to my masters and Relevant family; whom has pretty much help shaped my foundation for God. I am excited because we are walking into the unknown completely by faith and know this is of God. After saying that how could I have hit a rough patch well its simple I’m human and let my flesh get the best of me. It only took a second really before my mind fell into a spirit of doubt and discouragement and started eating away like termites all the words God was telling me. Not too long after I began to feel really down, I hate classifying myself as a word and speaking it over my life especially a word that has creeped up in my past but the word “depressed” wanted to hover over me. I started feeling like I was living this jaded life and that’s a bad place to be. This story does have a good ending; my wonderful, caring, understanding and knight in shining armor husband came to my rescue. He spoke into me all the things I needed to hear to erase the entire negative that was building up, its moments like this I know God put us two together for a reason. A wise woman said “Make sure you don’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands because you need to be able to throw some stuff back” I agree with her on that, and that’s what I have done thrown back all those negative thoughts the devil has thrown at me. This life is not perfect and definitely has its ups and downs but I have learned that life can also be very beautiful. We don’t have a lot of time to fulfill the purpose God gives us so we can’t waste a second of it letting the bad things overtake us!
Psalm 143:10
"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your
good Spirit lead me on level ground."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy