Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed time with friends and family I know I sure did! This past week has been such a refreshing little break, I was able to sleep in, hang out with friends, knit, do some shopping, and most of all be with family!

My friend Rach and her gorgeous daughter Bella

 My husband Lance and I drove to Lubbock to spend time with his family, which is about 5 hours from us, we also brought one of the MC students with us his name is Sully. On Thanksgiving we had about 40 people eat with us! I know what your thinking WOW my words exactly, but it was neat that everyone wanted to bring someone, we were sure blessed with great food and the love truly was all around! And for the first time I got to try a piece of turkey that was fried and it was delicious! And of course Lance made his famous deviled eggs, which were consumed in minutes!

 After all the food was digested and I had my little nap we decided to start our black friday shopping at midnight! It was actually easier to start shopping at night instead of waking up at 4 in the morning but sadly by 3 am I threw in the towel and called it quits I was so sleepy lol


Me and Connie getting ready to hit the sales! We got some good stuff!

I love this time of year, it easily puts me in a good mood! Tomorrow we head back towards Dallas and hopefully by next weekend we will have a tree to decorate! Then 3 more weeks with the MC students and then another break for Christmas! Wow these months are flying by!
This break has not only been refreshing but has motivated me in the little things. After being around a lot of people, it was such a good reminder to just slow down and love people. When we were waiting in line at Toys R Us a lady drove by and wanted to give us free coffee, it was 25 degrees and temperatures were dropping, it was such a nice random act of kindness from a stranger. With that said find little ways to spread the love this season, love ya'll and have a wonderufl weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy