Ok so I have seen her around but we didn't officially become accquaintances til last year when M & Ms came out with their coconut flavor and since then we are like best friends!
I just wanted to share how our journey started:
First introduced: Last year 2010 at a gas station
Second Meeting: April 2011 the grocery store looking for a new creamer
Mocha Coconut Frapps from Starbucks mmmm can I just say that the week they did "Happy Hour" I made an appearance 3 times!!! (Oh and I don't drink frapps, normally)
A gift from my mother-in-law from Bath & Body Works, it smells so good!!!
I'm a little obsessed with it, its like one product after another.
Coconut Cake Balls (Yes that name sounds funny to me too, even more awkward when u say it lol)
So I was going to make coconut cupcakes and then I got an idea to switch it up and make Coconut Cake Balls They are delicious!!!
Here's the recipe if your a coconut fanatic like me
1 box of Coconut Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Coconut Supreme)
1 tub of cream cheese frosting
1 package of Almond Bark Chocolate Coating
1 Package of Angel flake coconut (sweetened)
1. Make the cake like normal...let it cool...then break it up with your hands
2. Mix in the cream cheese frosting, I added a 1/4 cup of the coconut into you can add however much you prefer....mold into small balls using a spoon
3. Place on wax paper on a cookie sheet and refridgerate for a couple hours
4. Melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl (I microwave half of the brick at a time)
5. On a cookie sheet with wax paper sprinkle some coconut all over it.
6. Dip the balls into the chocolate place on coconut covered wax paper and also sprinkle more coconut on top
7. Refridgerate again til hardened.
You might wonder is it a season, a fad, a summer trend that will die.....Ladies and Gentlemen....
I THINK NOT.
Meet Coco my new friend!