Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Child-Like Confidence



Remember that question you got asked a lot when you were little maybe it was in fourth grade when you had to write a report and dress up for career day, that question that quite frankly you might even still get asked today and maybe scares you just a little.
What do you want to be when you get older?”
And if you were like me you were more confident when you were younger and said “I’m going to be an Obstetrician!” that’s what I would tell people and they would say “what’s that?”, “it’s a baby doctor one that delivers babies!” I can tell you right now that I’m not an Obstetrician and I still get asked that question only the word “older” is not in it anymore it might sound like this, “So what do you want to do with your life, or where do you see yourself in 5 years?” Sometimes when I get asked those questions I shrink back and feel this weight of doubt and insecurity. How is it that when I was 9 years old I had more confidence in my future job title and I lived at home with my parents, carpooled in a min van, packed a lunch, and had weekend slumber parties? So maybe I have grown up, I can say I am a lot more mature than when I was 9, my parents don’t have to tell me to brush my teeth or make sure I make my bed but what about that child-like confidence where’s that at? I have been struggle ling with this question for quite some time, really trying to answer it. I mean I have been doing some serious soul searching and the truth is, is that I know the answer I just never thought it was good enough or maybe the right one. Somewhere down the line of my childhood, someone engrained this theory that to make something of myself I needed a high paying, well-known job and that’s the path I’m suppose to take and stick to it. Well I didn’t take the known path and sometimes I don’t know the next turn I am going to make but I do know God made me and He made me unique so my path will look a lot different than others. So here I go ask me that question again.
What do you want to do with your life?
I want to live my life for God, to love Him with everything, to follow His word, and most of all I want to love his people! That’s what I want to do with my life, I most confident that’s what God wants and that’s all that matters. The Job Title I have now is of no significance but what I do at my job is what makes the difference. And the ruler I measure myself against is no earthly person or thing but God because He’s the only one that’s perfect and that I should want to strive to be. There we have it that’s my answer! Hey, sometimes you have to be your own encourager and most times you have to be your best motivator!!!! Live your life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy