Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Moving Forward

Well our trip to Arizona was all that I hoped and wished it to be and definitely welcomed us with her heat. There were 4 things I was expecting coming back to Dallas and when you ask you shall receive. My pastor previously spoke on “Asking God for things” and I can definitely say I have put that into action. I asked God for friendships in the works and we met some incredible young men and women of God. Sadly, I have no pics because we were constantly on the go but we did meet a wonderful couple, Jeff and Tiffany. Tiffany is the Pastor’s daughter and Jeff is Tiff’s husband, they are very passionate about seeing young people grow in their relationship with God and not to mention are very musically talented! We thank you Jeff and Tiff for hanging out with us and of course for our In&Out treat!
2nd on my list, “a tan,” coming to Arizona that was one thing I knew I could get without even trying. I love the sun you can ask my husband every minute we were out in the sun I was basking in it!
Next on my asking list was a rejuvenated spirit, even though the primary purpose of this trip was not a vacation we always try to make the most of our time when it’s away from work and that’s what we did. We love hanging out with people and just being around encouraging uplifting people can definitely refresh your spirit!
Lastly I asked for peace in my heart, peace to know if this is God’s will of where we are suppose to be. It was in the middle of church, during worship to be exact, when people were coming up for prayer and I felt God’s touch on my heart and I instantly broke inside because I knew the answer. I knew that God has a plan bigger than us and even though it might be scary we will not be alone because it’s not us doing it but God working through us. I began to realize in order to move forward you have to be willing to go through change and that being comfortable should never be an acceptable state because then you’re not allowing God to truly use you but just doing what feels good. I heard a quote that says “When you are through changing, you are through,” and I know I’m not through and that my life is still in the beginning stages. We are not sure what exactly is next in this process and I can’t say I love the state of Arizona but hey “I’ll go anywhere as long as it’s forward and as long as God is the One leading me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my lil space in the blog world I would love to hear from you or atleast meet you, don't be shy